Welcome to Black Watch Stables, my model horse stable and (beginning) customizing studio! I'll post all sorts of things here, from CMs I'm working on or have finished, to show pix and results, to real horse ramblings, etc. I will also entertain suggestions, so if you have one, contact me!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Inaugural Post

Hi!

So lots of you probably already know that I'm a model horse hobbyist in a huge way.  I mostly collect OF Breyers, but i have a few (VERY few) stones and several CMs and ARs. 

I'm an open shower in NAMHSA Region 5, showing in OF Halter, OF Performance, CM/AR Halter, and CM/AR performance.  I also am beginning to judge breed, which i think is great fun.

I'm involved in PA and a member of IPBARA.  I mostly work with sport horses, with a specialty in Hanoverian breeding, but i have a decent mix of other breeds thrown in for variety.

And I'm a beginning customizer.  I prep for other people (if you need prepping services, please inquire), and I've finished 5 customs of my own.  I currently have 4 in the works, one that will definitely be done for my next show, Red River Live in October, one that will be a gift for my mother when he's finished, and the other two just for myself.  I do a lot of experimenting with pastel, and I'm going to be working more in Oils as well, as i won Carol Williams' book from the raffle at Lone Star Live! 

I've also got quite a bit of "real" horse experience... I've been riding english since I was 5, Hunter/Jumpers from 5-13, and exclusively dressage (with a little jumping and cross country for fun) since then.  I've trained through Prix St. George and am currently working with 2 young Swedish horses, one by Vermouth and the other by Briar.  It's literally been about 12 years since I was on a baby, but the younger one, the Vermouth baby, is SOOOO sane.  The Briar baby has quite the engine, but she's not stupid, you just have to ride her tactfully.  I hope to have some pictures of them this weekend that I'll stick up here.

In the next few days, I'm going to post some pictures of CMs in progress, as well as the first resin i did completely from raw unprepped to finished LSQ.  It's a Fraley Chickory that I pastelled to a dark silver bay.  =o)

Alright, enough  for now!  More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment