Welcome to Black Watch Stables, my model horse stable and (beginning) customizing studio! I'll post all sorts of things here, from CMs I'm working on or have finished, to show pix and results, to real horse ramblings, etc. I will also entertain suggestions, so if you have one, contact me!

Monday, May 16, 2011

What's On The Workbench?

Well, finals are over and it's officially summer vacation!  I'm still waiting to hear about my grade in biochemistry, because that grade decides if i'm graduating or not.  So things are a little nerve wracking around here at the moment.... I'm also waiting on an email back from my faculty mentor -- I haven't heard from him in a while regarding my research, and I have a few things to get finished before I can write the paper and send it off to the reviewers.  That being said though, I'm officially DONE with my undergraduate work!! yay!! 

So being done with undergrad means actual time to paint and prep things!  Huzzah!  So here's what's on my workbench right now.  (workbench, of course, being metaphorical, since i have only my desk, which is sortof an all purpose surface at the moment.  Hopefully I'll be able to set up a studio space at some point with at least a worktable attached to the desk or next to the desk so I can keep projects going rather than having to put everything away and drag it out again, which proves to be a bit of a PITA. ONWARD!)






So this first one is obvious -- A Rose Reiner.  Dun It To Heck (Yes, that's his name -- he's also already got a full pedigree) is finished being prepped except for his ajax bath and will be ready to go to Lauren this week!  Huzzah!  He'll be dunalino with a fairly unique facial marking and one sock.  His tack set is already on order from Erin Corbett





The next one is a Schleich Tinker Foal... You guys might remember the tinker stallion i've been working on from my last post -- this will be a baby of his I think.  I'm probably going to do a baby buckskin minimal tobiano on her, but I haven't fully decided yet.






So these are the first in progress pix of the first frog I'm working on for the 500 Frogs project!  He's going to be a Northern Leopard Frog , but as you can see he has a ways to go!  After this guy, I have 4 more frogs to do, so I'm going to see if i can't represent frog species from across the globe for the kids.





This lovely purple frog is the one that my wife Livvy has been working on.  I'm not sure what she has in mind, other than she said he's going to be "purple and green."  So i'm looking forward to seeing what he or she turns out to be!

So there you have it -- what's currently on the workbench!  I have plans to finish prepping a Huck, Classic sized Keen, G4 Dressage Horse (yes, another one), and possibly a Cleveland Bay, and stripping and re-prepping a Stone WPH and a Schleich Andy this summer as well.  And, of course, we'll see what other kind of trouble I can get into in the mean time :)

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment