Welcome to Black Watch Stables, my model horse stable and (beginning) customizing studio! I'll post all sorts of things here, from CMs I'm working on or have finished, to show pix and results, to real horse ramblings, etc. I will also entertain suggestions, so if you have one, contact me!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Small Update

So here's a rather perfunctory update since I've been busily getting ready for NAN which is THIS COMING WEEKEND!! AUGH!!

In this week's update, we have zombie creatures.  Well, not zombie creatures INTENTIONALLY, but i just happen to be at a point with both my frog and the schleich tinker foal where they have only undercoated or partially finished eyeballs, so they LOOK like zombies.  I think the schleich foal is probably the worst:


So far the body color is just where i want it; the white markings are blocked in, and you can see i've done the very first underlayer of the eye, so she looks like a little zombie foal.  Finishing her up after NAN shouldn't take too terribly long, and then she'll at least have a little baby face instead of those staring zombie eyes!

Here's my frog.  He's got 2 layers of body color, which is just where i like it now, and then i started on his eyes as well.  I wanted to do more of a wash with the bright green, but i think once that dries i'll be able to go on with that full strength, add some gold pearlex to give him that metallic quality that frogs have in their eyes, add pupils, and he'll be basically done!  I'll probably add some pencil details to smooth things out, or some pastel.  You can see he's got the zombie thing going on as well, but not quite as scarily as the foal :)





I think he's going to be terribly cute when he's finished, don't you??

Okay, now back to frantically panicking about NAN.  Well, actually the panic part is basically over, now i'm just nervous because I want to do well and bring home at least one cookie!  Maybe i will!

No comments:

Post a Comment